Sunday, August 16, 2015

Called For Life by Kent & Amber Brantly {A Book Review}


I LOVED the new book, Called for Life, by Kent & Amber Brantly. I must admit that I was a little hesitant about how this book would be written and what all it would entail because of the controversial nature of the Ebola epidemic. 

Called for Life was incredible. To start, Kent Brantly shares a little bit about how he and his family ended up in Liberia to begin with and then continued to share Dr. Brantly's story from both his and his wife's perspective. 

Dr. Kent Brantly began working with Samaritan's Purse in Liberia well before the Ebola outbreak was even an issue but he ended up right in the heart of the epidemic treating patients with Ebola on a day-to-day basis. He contracted Ebola and the book tells of how he dealt with the diagnosis, his treatment etc. 

Although I know there was a great deal of controversy regarding Dr. Brantly being brought to the U.S. to be treated, I loved the way he shares his perspective of those who treated and cared for him. It was a beautiful story of God's redemption and his faithfulness to those he has called. 

I think this is a great read for those who enjoy a good memoir/biography. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment