Monday, July 6, 2015

Love Arrives in Pieces by Betsy St. Amant {A Book Review}

I was so excited to read Betsy St. Amant's new book, Love Arrives in Pieces, because I LOVED her last book, All is Fair in Love and Cupcakes.



 Spoiler Alert: I LOVED this book just as much!

Love Arrives in Pieces arrived at my house at just the right time. My son was sick and we were quarantined inside for nearly a week so I had plenty of time to read and I did just that! I read at night before bed. I read in the morning just before my son woke up. I read during naptime for him, too. You get the idea. :)

First, I loved that this book was not necessarily a sequel to her last book but it contained some of the same characters and the story followed a different member of the same family. It was nice to connect some of the dots from the previous book. That being said, I don't think you'd have to have read the last book, All is Fair in Love and Cupcakes, to understand this book.

I loved the story so much. The lives of Stella and Chase crossed paths in high school and had some intense history are re-united for a job even though there is a great deal of tension between them from the past. I loved the rawness of the story between the two characters. 

I also really just loved the ease in which the story progressed. It's well written and a quick read. 

Thanks, Betsy!






No comments:

Post a Comment