Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Barilla Pronto {Smiley360}

I was recently contacted by Smiley360 to try out and review Barilla Pronto pasta. They sent me a box of Barilla Pronto Spaghetti and one box of Barilla Pronto Penne for free in exchange for my review. 

The first one I tried was the spaghetti. The directions call for putting the spaghetti in the skillet, add 3 cups of cold water, turn the timer to 10 minutes and stir occasionally. I ended up having to stir almost constantly and I had to add nearly one additional cup of water. However, the beauty was that I didn't have to drain the pasta. YAY! 

I added the sauce right into the pot and finished cooking the dish in the same pot. 
I thought it was good but the little bit of ease wasn't worth the need to constantly stir and add additional water. 




Later on, I cooked the penne the same way. I had to add a small amount of extra water but not much. This pasta also required slightly less stirring that the spaghetti had. 

I think if you want to try something new, go for it. All in all, I don't think the fact that you don't have to drain the water was enough reason to purchase this over the regular pasta. 



No comments:

Post a Comment